——Taking the review report of "Environmental Science and Engineering Experiment Course" as an example. Editor's Note: The review report of "Environmental Science and Engineering Experiment Course" won the second prize of "2014 National Excellent Review Report Evaluation Activity". This article was won by the author in the award-winning review report. Organized on the basis. [Abstract] The article uses the "Environmental Science and Engineering Experiment Course" as an example to explain how to write an excellent review report from the general review of the manuscript, editing and processing, in order to increase the enthusiasm of editors of science and engineering to write review reports, and expand the editing and processing work. Ideas, and improve the efficiency of communication between editors and authors. [Keywords] Edit processing review report [Chinese picture classification number] G23 [Document identification code] A
China has always attached great importance to editing and processing at the level of national publishing management system and the actual operation level of publishing houses, and regards it as one of the important links to guarantee the quality of publications. The State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television has designated 2014 as the “Special Year for Publication Quality” and reiterated the important role of management mechanisms, especially the third-trial system, responsible editor system, and responsible proofreading system, to ensure the quality of publications. Each publishing house also has a similar quality inspection office, which regularly and regularly checks the publications of the agency to form an effective supervision mechanism for editing and processing. The State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television, relevant societies and research institutions regularly organize editing and publishing practitioners to participate in training, and the exchange of experience and lessons in editing and processing business is often an important part of training. Good editing and processing work is the premise of writing an excellent review report, and writing a review report is a review and summary of editing and processing work. It is also of great significance for the construction of editorial talents and the management of book quality.
First, the main issues that should be paid attention to when writing a review report A book review report should include the editor's overall evaluation of the manuscript, the details of the editing process, and the editor-author communication, especially the author's feedback on the editing process. The overall evaluation of the manuscript reflects the editor's overall understanding of the manuscript. The appropriate overall evaluation of the manuscript not only allows the second and third review editors to understand the manuscript situation as soon as possible, so that they can supplement and edit the editing work in the second and third review process. Perfect, and can effectively enhance the communication between editors and authors. The editing process should be based on the principles of doing something, respecting the author, changing less and changing more, and there must be evidence. The excellent editing process can greatly improve the quality of the manuscript. The so-called accomplishment means that the editor should firmly believe that any manuscript does have a place for the editor to work, and can really make the manuscript of better quality to a higher level, and the quality of the general manuscript has improved. The so-called respect for the author means that there is no question of principle, the expression is inconsistent, and the editor's opinion is only the "other" option. The author's opinion should be fully respected, and forced modification should not be made. The so-called change less often means that you can not change as much as possible without changing, and change as little as possible without changing as much as possible. This reflects respect for the author, on the other hand, it also reduces the editing workload, and some seem to be insufficient for the editor. The conventional expression may hide the author's unique style or innovation. The so-called change must have a clear basis. When modifying, there must be a clear basis. For text, punctuation, rhetoric and other issues, we must pay attention to the role of the reference book. For a professional issue, we should check more related professional books. It is worth mentioning that "Data" also has changes in time and space. Editors must have some sensitivity to this, and then update their understanding. Editor-author communication is a necessary condition for high-quality editing and processing, and it is also a guarantee for writing excellent review reports. When most manuscripts enter the editing process, they often have been reviewed by peer experts. When editors find out that there are still problems, they should not simply and rudely stick to the past. They generally accuse the author of “do n’t care” or “wrong writing”. The author stands side by side in the face of true knowledge, and has more specific questions pointing to "what is wrong with others". The problems involved in editing and processing are nothing more than two types: one is that the editor finds that it is relatively clear and can be directly modified through verification. Generally, the editor will directly modify such problems and ask the author's opinion for final confirmation; the other is the editor Questions that are questionable or inadequate or difficult to understand, but you cannot modify them. The editor must clearly describe the problem to the author, either logically, or from rhetoric, or from content updates. . If the author's feedback is positive or negative, it is better to deal with it. If you encounter expressions such as "not suitable for modification" or "may not be modified", you need to further identify and analyze, and if necessary, you can further communicate with the author. This article intends to take the review report of "Environmental Science and Engineering Experiment Course" as an example. The editor mainly promotes the compilation of this textbook from the perspective of the development of the subject. The advancedness and innovation of this textbook compared with other similar textbooks, and the overall evaluation of this textbook to meet the teaching requirements of the curriculum; then it is classified and listed one by one in the manuscript. The specific issues of the author; the author's opinions are reflected in the review report one by one.
2. The overall assessment of the manuscript The environmental issues are highly complicated, and most of the environmental pollution is also a complex type. Therefore, the environmental discipline experiment has a tendency to develop from a single project detection experiment to a comprehensive experiment. The "Environment" edited by Professor Zhong Wenhui of Nanjing Normal University "Science and Engineering Experiment Course" combines the experimental teaching materials of environmental science and environmental engineering into one, which is conducive to the development of experimental teaching in this comprehensive direction. The book is divided into eight articles including environmental monitoring experiments, environmental chemistry experiments, environmental microbiology experiments, environmental biology experiments, environmental physics experiments, wastewater treatment engineering experiments, waste gas treatment engineering experiments, and solid waste treatment and disposal experiments, which are helpful to readers from the environment. The science and engineering disciplines consider the experimental content as a whole, and reduce the repetitive content compared with writing an experimental textbook for each discipline. The book is comprehensive and can be used by different types of colleges to choose. It has a good role in promoting practical teaching and improving teaching quality. The content of the experiment includes the purpose, principle, instruments, materials, methods, steps, data records and reports, and thinking questions, etc., and write specifications to meet the teaching requirements.
The choice of experimental items in this textbook is not only comprehensive, but also forward-looking, and has a driving significance for subject experiment innovation. For example, PM2.5, electromagnetic radiation, etc. are widely concerned by all walks of life because of their commonness and harm to human health. Reverse osmosis and ion exchange are advanced wastewater treatment technologies, and they are technical guarantees to meet continuously increasing environmental protection requirements; Advanced oxidation technologies such as the ozone oxidation method have a better treatment effect on high-concentration, difficult-to-degrade, and toxic wastewater, and they have also received more and more attention.
3. Details of editing and processing The text of the manuscript is relatively smooth, the description is clearer, and the system is more unified. However, the sixth chapter is not accurate enough about the physical quantity when describing the content of free precipitation experiments. The seventh chapter is a cyclone dust collector, a bag dust collector, an electric The physical quantities of the three parts of the dust collector are chaotic, and the expression is not clear enough. These issues need to be addressed by the editor in communication with the authors of the relevant chapters. Other more specific details are directly modified by the editor based on the verification results for the author's review. They mainly include the unupdated national standards on which the experimental project is based, as well as a few chemical reaction formulas, mathematical formulas, and intellectual errors.
(1) The standards or data are not updated. Whether the industry standards or related data are updated in a timely manner reflects to a certain extent whether the content of the manuscript is at the forefront of subject development. If this is not done well, readers ’interest in reading will be greatly reduced. The manuscript mentioned in many places "China's standard for drinking water (GB 5749-1985) ...", but China's "Sanitary Standard for Drinking Water" has been revised and re-published in 2006 and implemented in 2007. The industry standards that the Ministry of Environmental Studies and the public are paying close attention to. The new standard not only updates the standard number GB 5749-2006, but also changes the relevant content mentioned in the manuscript. For example, the specific regulations "the total number of bacteria in drinking water should not be changed. "Over 100 cfu / mL" was revised to "total colonies in drinking water should not exceed 100 cfu / mL"; "total coliforms in drinking water should not exceed 3 cfu / L" was revised to "total coliforms in drinking water should be Not detectable (cfu / 100mL) "etc. There are individual standards of Zhang Guanli Dai in the article, for example, the "sanitary standard for the total number of bacteria in indoor air in China (GB / T 18204.1-2000) stipulates ..." The standard number mentioned corresponds to "Determination of total number of bacteria in air microbiological examination methods in public places", The correct expression should be "China's" Hygienic Standard for Total Bacteria in Indoor Air "(GB / T 17093-1997) ...".
(2) There are errors in chemical reaction formulas, mathematical formulas or numerical values. This manuscript involves many disciplines, there are many chemical reaction formulas and mathematical formulas, and a few formulas have flaws. For example, the text above formula (1.4-2) is expressed as "taking methyl red-methylene blue as an indicator and titrating ammonia nitrogen in the distillate (as N) with a standard solution of hydrochloric acid", but the chemical reaction formula is mistakenly 2 (NH4) 3BO3 + 3H2SO4 = 3 (NH4) 2SO4 + 2H3BO3, in fact it should be (NH4) 3BO3 + 3HCl = 3NH4Cl + H3BO3. The chemical reaction formula CrO42- + 2H + → 2HCrO4- → CrO72- + 2H2O is incorrect. Because there is no CrO72- ion, the correct reaction formula should be 2CrO42- + 2H + → 2HCrO4- → Cr2O72- + H2O. There is an error in the logarithmic formula lg ((Cs-C0) / (Ct-Cs)). Because (Ct-Cs) is negative, the logarithmic formula is not valid. The correct formula should be "ln ((Cs-C0) / ( Cs-Ct)) ". "... The slope of the straight line obtained by fitting with Excel is KLa" The formula is correct, but the slope of the straight line drawn according to this formula is KLa / 2.303, not KLa. In order to be consistent, you must change 2.303 in the formula to 1, lg changed to ln. "Starch solution (0.01 mg / L): Weigh 1g of soluble starch, make a paste with a small amount of water, add boiling water to 100 mL ..." The concentration in the solution is incorrect, it should be "10 g / L". A similar problem is that "Sodium acetate (3 mol / L): Weighing in 80 mL of sterile deionized water and making up to 100 mL" lacks the weighed substance and its mass. Take the word "" and add "analytical sodium acetate 24.609 g". Another example is "(10% hydrogen peroxide): take 10 mL of hydrogen peroxide, add 20 mL of water, and mix well." Ignore the different concentration specifications of hydrogen peroxide. According to the context, it should be clearly "take 30% hydrogen peroxide ..." ".
(3) Improper Sentence Logic Improper logic problems are more obvious and some are more concealed. Commonly, there are inappropriate logic in sentences, between sentences and sentences in paragraphs, between paragraphs and paragraphs, and even between chapters and chapters. improper. For example, "dry heat sterilization has flame burning sterilization and dry hot air sterilization. Flame burning sterilization is suitable for sterilization of inoculation rings, inoculation needles and metal appliances such as tweezers. Glass rods for coating flat plates can also be used. Dip in ethanol and perform burn sterilization. Dry heat sterilization is to use high temperature to coagulate and denature proteins in microbial cells to achieve the purpose of sterilization. Dry hot air sterilization is to use an electric heating oven to heat to 160 ℃ ~ 170 ℃ to maintain 1h ~ 2h sterilization. Compared with moist heat sterilization, dry heat sterilization requires higher temperature and longer time. This method is suitable for sterilization of glassware such as petri dishes, pipettes, etc. Dry heat sterilization is the use of high temperature to coagulate and denature proteins in microbial cells to achieve the purpose of sterilization. Another example is "determining the weight of residual solids and subtracting it from MLSS to obtain ..." It is more ambiguous. Because the value of MLSS is larger, it should be modified to "determine the mass of residual solids and subtracting the mass of residual solids from MLSS to obtain ..." .
(4) Concepts are not correct Some expressions are often used in oral expressions, but the concepts are not accurate enough when used in books. For example, the writing of Cr6 + is inaccurate. Generally speaking, chromium is hexavalent in Cr2O72-, but there is no hexavalent chromium ion. Therefore, it is more appropriate to call "hexavalent chromium", or Cr (Ⅵ). Cr (Ⅳ) is incorrect because chromium does not have a tetravalent value; the exact concept that "adsorbed substance" wants to express corresponds to "adsorbate"; the "98% pure sulfuric acid" formulation is incorrect and should be a common "98% concentrated "Sulfuric acid"; other similar problems are that "benzocyanine" should be "benzonitrile" or "benzonitrile", "specific gravity" should be "relative density", "complex" should be "complex" and so on.
(V) Mistakes and misuses in other issues. For example, "orange" should be "orange", "humic acid" should be "humic acid" and "melt" (commonly used as "ice and snow melt" ) Should be "melted" (commonly used as "solid high temperature melting"), "Bacillus" should be "Bacillus-free", "Gear" should be "Gear", etc .; there are a few English spelling errors, such as " "Christain Gram" should be "Christian Gram", "Fruendlieh adsorption" should be "Freundlich adsorption", etc .; there are errors in the Latin names of individual species, for example, the Latin name of Vibrio qinghaiensis is mistaken for Photobacterium phosphoreum, which should actually be Vibrio qinghaiensis; exist Individual units are marked incorrectly. For example, "Siemens" per micro centimeter "us / cm" should be "μS / cm". In addition, individual nouns are expressed as "long distances are not uniform" between the chapters of the book, such as "glass rods" and "glass rods." Mixed, unified according to "glass rod", a few pictures and the body corresponding to the noun "short distance is not unified", for example, "bench micrometer" must be unified as " Mirror micromirror test "and the like.
The overall quality of this manuscript is good, but because it involves experiments in almost all fields of environmental science and engineering, it is difficult for the author to grasp a lot of content. Therefore, the author often communicates with and consults with Professor Zhong Wenhui, the editor-in-chief through telephone and email. . Relevant standards and reference materials have been updated due to national standards, so the editor immediately thanked him for the changes, but for some overall chapter writing problems, such as the interpretation of the same physical quantity in the previous chapter Accuracy, or inconsistent expression, and specific details, such as the free precipitation experiment of particulate matter is an important experiment in the field of wastewater treatment. This book is not clear and accurate in explaining the sedimentation rate of important physical quantities in precipitation experiments. All of them, Professor Zhong will answer patiently, or communicate with the authors of chapters, coordinate and unify and improve. It must be pointed out that the editor-in-chief also pointed out the incorrect comments made by the editor, which on the other hand ensured that the editing work was proper.
The basic skills, sense of responsibility, editing practice, and knowledge structure of editors are the basis of high-quality editing and processing work and excellent review reports. Feedback, then the editing work and the review report are wishful thinking and incomplete, and some may even make serious mistakes. In addition to practicing professional and business internal skills, editors also need to consciously and actively practice editing—author communication and other external skills. Only internal and external integration can produce good editing and processing work and excellent review reports.
 Zhong Wenhui. Environmental Science and Engineering Experiment Course. Beijing: Higher Education Press, 2013.
 Lei Qunming. Ten Days of Editing and Cultivation. Shanghai: Shanghai Science and Technology Education Press, 2002.
Disclaimer: This website is a non-profit website. Most of the information comes from the recommendations of netizens. If the author or other copyright owner believes your rights are violated, please let us know and we will remove them within 24 hours.